1) Before using the ice maker for the first time, please wait for 2 hours or more after the unit has been leveled and positioned in the proper place.
2) Please note the ice maker is not a freezer. You need to use the ice ASAP or transfer it to your freezer.
3. How to clean the ice maker?
- Clean the interior with diluted detergent, warm water and a soft cloth when you first use it.
- Open the Auto cleaning program according to the Manual, and drain out the water from the draining port by unplugging the drain cap on the back.
- Then test the ice maker by filling up the water reservoir with water mixed with baking soda or 2-3 tsp of vinegar just to test the first batch and eliminate any taste during the first use.
- When the machine is not in use for a long time, open the water drain cap to drain the water completely out from the water reservoir.
- It is better to change the water every 24 hours. and clean the unit every 3 days
Question: Can it also be hooked up to a direct water line?
Question: How often do you need to clean this?
Answer: It is recommended to clean once a week
Question: "ADD WATER"indicator turns on?
- Low water level or lack of ---Stop making ice, refill water and then press making ice key to restart ice-making cycle.
- The water screen at the bottom of water reservoir is blocked---Do cleaning.
- Pump malfunction---Send it to the authorized department for repair.
Question: "ICE FULL"indicator lights up
- Ice basket is full and the infrared light is blocked by the ice.---Remove the ice from ice basket.
- Infrared light-emitting diode & light-receiving diode do not work---
a. Wipe up the foreign objects on the infrared light-emitting diode & light-receiving diode and restart the ice maker.
b. Call Customer Service if the infrared light-emitting diode & light-receiving diode still can not work after wiping up the foreign objects on them and restarting the ice maker.
Question: indicator blinks
Answer: The ice shovel is blocked.---Please remove the ice if the ice shovel is blocked by ice,otherwise, call customer service for consultation.
Question: The ice maker stopped working.
Answer: The ice tray is not in the right position.---
- Remove the ice in the ice tray and press the making ice key to restart the appliance.
- Call Customer Service if the appliance still can not work after restart.
Question: The ice basket is full but the “ ICE FULL” indicator does not illuminate.
Answer: The “ice full” condition can not be detected as the infrared light module is interfered by the sunlight---Unplug the appliance and move it to a place which is not exposed to the sunlight, then plug the appliance and activate it again.
Question: The ice collects together.
- Making ice takes too much time.---Stop making ice and restart the ice-making cycle after the ice melts.
- The water in the water reservoir is of too low temperature.---Fill the water reservoir with water ranges between 46.4 ℉ and 77℉.
Question: The ice-making cycle seems normal but no ice is produced.
Answer: The ambient temperature or water temperature is too high.---Start the ice-making cycle at a environment with an ambient temperature less than 89.6℉ and fill the water reservoir with some cold water.
Question: Poor ice-making result
- Poor heat dissipation.---Leave an 8-inch (20cm) clearance on all sides of the ice maker for proper ventilation.
- The water temperature is too high.---Fill the water reservoir with water ranges between 46.4℉ and 82.4℉
- The ambient temperature is too high.---Operate the ice maker at a environment with an ambient temperature between 50℉ and 89.6℉.